The European Central Bank said Monday 20 November it has laid down a new set of objectives for payment card schemes to achieve in order to become Sepa-compliant, amid concerns that current provisions would lead to higher prices and a deterioration in service quality.
In its report, the ECB warns that the Sepa Cards Framework (SCF) adopted by the bank-backed European Payments Council leaves too much room for interpretation concerning practical implementation.
"The Eurosystem is concerned that th
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
Back to Top