Eleven running tests, in which almost all participants in the BOJ-NET have simulated their settlement operations under the new RTGS environment, have been conducted since August 2000. According the the Bank of Japan, the results show that both the central bank and financial institutions have well finished their systems development and are ready for operations under the new market practices.
Thus the Bank of Japan has decided that January 4 2001 be the start date of the new RTGS system as was scheduled. Re-confirmation of the date is going to be made on January 2 2001 after the Bank makes it sure that all relevant financial institutions have successfully prepared for the RTGS operations.
Re-confirmation is to be announced in the late afternoon on January 2 2001 in the following ways.
1) The Bank of Japan web site:
2) Telephone (recorded message): +81-3-3277-1914
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers