Skrzypek told local media that he expected inflation to hit the central bank's 2.5% target perhaps as early as the second half of next year.
"Inflation should stabilise close to the 2.5% target in the second half of 2009 or in the first half of 2010," Skrzypek said in an interview with TVN CNBC, a Polish television network.
Annual CPI inflation hit 4.3%
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?