The figure, shown on the central bank's financial statement released every 10 days, was up marginally from 1.9072 trillion yen as of December 31.
Under the programme, which began in late 2002, the BOJ plans to buy up to three trillion yen of shares from banks by Septe
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms