The 83-year-old former premier is expected back at work at the beginning of the week, his office said in a statement. He was reported in "good spirits" when he talked to colleagues after the operation, the ANSA news agency said.
The surgery had been set in advance for Saturday because Ciampi had no major commitments in the comi
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says