"Speak French, it's the least you can do," one heckled him as they marched out of the hall at the Council's headquarters in Strasbourg, Reuters said.
The former Bank of France governor promptly switched to French to plead: "Please don't leave," and explained that the Frankfurt-based bank used English as its
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations