Joe Elstner, a spokesman for the St. Louis Fed, said only a handful of employees in St. Louis will lose their jobs due to the shutdowns, which were announced last week.
About 140 positions will be eliminated from the bank's branches in Little Rock, Ark., and Louisville, Ky., he said.
More cuts may be made at other check operations in the St. Louis
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn