Joe Elstner, a spokesman for the St. Louis Fed, said only a handful of employees in St. Louis will lose their jobs due to the shutdowns, which were announced last week.
About 140 positions will be eliminated from the bank's branches in Little Rock, Ark., and Louisville, Ky., he said.
More cuts may be made at other check operations in the St. Louis
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power