The Bundesbank attempted to quell fears of an outbreak of Japanese-style deflation in Europe's biggest economy while admitting that it was on guard against the problem.
In its June monthly report, the German central bank says that while a deflationary risk does exist, there is no sign yet of it turning into a damaging reality. "On
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde