'As regards expectations for future action in a very short period of time, I would say that what I observe seems to be reasonable,' Trichet said at the ECB's monthly news conference after the euro zone central bank left interest rates unchanged.
Rate moves further ahead will depend on inflation pressures, he said.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?