Economic minister Eduardo Weiman said he sent congress a proposal to allow the country's residents to use dollars for bank transactions, salaries or contracts. If approved, the plan could take effect in January, the AP said. "It will allow the use of the dollar in bank accounts, helping modernise the economy," Mr Weiman said.
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling