Bank of France Governor Jean-Claude Trichet will probably tell the central bank's board today he's considering shutting half the branch network and shedding thousands of jobs, angering unions that already plan to strike.
Trichet will probably propose eliminating more than 100
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory