"One of the things economics has taught us about Japan," Ferguson said, is that "it is better to be aggressive with monetary policy and stay ahead of the curve." He was speaking to audience members after an address on inflation targeting at the University of Georgia.
Ferguson, a voting member of the Feder
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory