ARTICLE - The board voted 8-1 to target the amount of reserves at the central bank instead of traditional interest rates. Eiko Shinotsuka opposed the decision.
The board voted 8-1 to boost the volume of current account deposits, orreserves, parked at the central bank to five trillion yen ($40.5 billion)from four trillion yen, in effect resuming an 18-month experiment with f
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements