The strong performance of Japan's economy will continue despite global economic uncertainties reflecting fears such as the US subprime mortgage crisis, according to Toshihiko Fukui, the governor of the Bank of Japan.
Fukui said on Wednesday: "Large profits by major corporations will lead to an increase in household income, and that itself will lead to an increase in consumption."
However, the semi-annual outlook, also published Wednesday, revealed the central bank lowered its fiscal 2007 fore
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency