The board last raised rates in July by 25 basis points. In October, annual inflation fell to 9.98%, but remains well above the central bank's end of year target of 5% and 4% for 2007.
In a cautious statement released after the rate decision, the bank said that inflation expectations had continued to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations