"I see no big chances for that anymore," Koch-Weser said in an interview.
French Finance Minister Thierry Breton echoed the sentiment and highlighted strong opposition to the idea from some quarters.
"I don't think this question has any real prospect," he told reporters.
In the interview, Koch-Weser s
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?