Source: European Parliament
After a confirmation hearing, the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs this morning unanimously approved the nomination of Gertrude Tumpel-Gugerell, currently Vice-Governor of the Austrian Central Bank as an ECB Board Member to replace Sirkka Hamalainen who is standing down at the end of May 2003. Mrs Tumpel-Gugerell has been nominated for a period of eight years and the Committee's recom
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank