Bunning, who last July called on Washington, DC to deprive the Fed of some of its rate-setting responsibility, and Jon Kyl blocked the former New York Fed president's nomination hearing following the revelation that Geithner had owed $31,536 to the taxman.
Both Bunning and Kyl are
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously