His comments came after we reported last week President Vladimir Putin called for the bank to increase the share of gold in its reserves. Currently the central bank holds a gold weighting of total reserves stands at 5%.
Ignatyev said the central bank's gold reserves had not increased in the past six years and now totaled around 5
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting