Fraga added however that for interest rates to reach this level, the next government will have to comply with the law on fiscal responsibility, markets must remain stable and inflation must continue its downward trend.
He said that the central bank's monetary policy committee - which meets later today and tomorrow
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde