The Fed said on Thursday that it would authorise the New York Fed to swap cash for investment-grade fixed-income securities from AIG.
The move follows the granting of an $85 billion credit line on 16 September on punitive terms.
"Drawdowns to date under the existing $
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor