"For some months, the Board has recognised that stronger economic conditions were likely to put upward pressure on inflation," said Glenn Stevens, the governor of the central bank. "As a result, the Board has been of the view that further monetary policy tightening could be required."
Stevens added: "The main factors that had allowed time for further consideration were that, prior
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde