Banknotes in circulation declined by 4.1 bln eur to 486.9 bln, the ECB said.
The gold position of the euro system fell by 61 mln eur to 125.608 bln eur.
The euro system includes the ECB and the national central banks of the euro zone.
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank