"We have stringent guidelines in our reserve management. We will only use currencies as reserves if they can readily be used whenever the HKMA needs to," Yam told reporters.
"If a currency cannot be fully converted, it is unlikely for the HKMA to use it as reserves," he said.
It will take time for the yuan to become fully convertible a
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory