"There is no truth to the rumour. The chairman is fine," said Michelle Smith, spokeswoman for the Federal Reserve, according to Associated Press.
Last Friday, Greenspan missed a speech he was due to make to a monetary conference because he had a cold, but he still worked from home.
Mr. Greenspan, who recently turned 78, has been chief of
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency