"I want interest rates to be lowered,'' Chavez said. ``I want the interest rates to be fixed ... and I call on the Central Bank of Venezuela to fix them."
Chavez suggested a maximum rate of 30 percent for commercial banks' lending rates, compared with well over 40 percent at present. This wo
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde