Inflation increased from 11% in June to 13.6% last month. In addition, the central bank anticipates further inflationary pressures: "The [Monetary Policy Advisory] Committee expressed concerns that prices were on an upward trend and there was a risk that the trend could continue in light of the continuing pressures on world oil prices."
The Monetary Polic
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system