Inflation increased from 11% in June to 13.6% last month. In addition, the central bank anticipates further inflationary pressures: "The [Monetary Policy Advisory] Committee expressed concerns that prices were on an upward trend and there was a risk that the trend could continue in light of the continuing pressures on world oil prices."
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously