ARTICLE - "There will be no meeting with bankers or press and there is no statement," a Bank Negara spokeswoman said in response to market rumours that the bank was holding a meeting at 5:00pm Friday local time.
Dealers in Singapore said that the Sing dollar fell amid rumours that Bank Negara will hold a meeting, which sparked speculation of a re-pegging of the Malaysian ringgit.
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously