The Governors of the Group of Ten (G10) central banks today elected Mr Jean-Claude Trichet as their Chairman. The Governors were meeting in Basel on the occasion of the Annual General Meeting of the Bank for International Settlements.
Mr Trichet is Governor of the Bank of France and a member of
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector