"The government will get its way," Wolfgang Gerhard, the finance minister of the state of Saxony Anhalt, told Reuters.
The centre-left government last year proposed slimming down management of the once-mighty Bundesbank following the launch of the euro and the creation of
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit