With few tools left to steer the economy into mild inflation, Bank of Japan Governor Toshihiko Fukui stressed that its decision on Tuesday to ease credit further aims to ensure commercial banks will keep providing extremely low-interest loans to companies that are still restructuring.
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit