The interim Prime Minister Ali Muhammad Gedi appointed the governor of the central bank, according to the BBC Monitoring Service which quoted a report by Somali newspaper Qaran on 25 January.
This is the second time for Dr Ulusow to hold the position. He was appointed to the post in March 2001 by former interim President Abdiqasim Salad Hasan.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?