The central bank's cut - the steepest for four years - leaves the key overnight borrowing rate at 13%. The overnight lending rate falls to 15.5%.
The cuts come after data revealed growth fell to a six-year low of 0.5% in the fourth quarter of 2008. The Monetary Policy Committee noted in its post-meeting statement that recent readings pointed to an inte
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms