The central bank's cut - the steepest for four years - leaves the key overnight borrowing rate at 13%. The overnight lending rate falls to 15.5%.
The cuts come after data revealed growth fell to a six-year low of 0.5% in the fourth quarter of 2008. The Monetary Policy Committee noted in its post-meeting statement that recent readings pointed to an inte
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor