"I have not made any decisions. I will decide on the issue after Easter", Liikanen told Helsingin Sanomat on Thursday. His term as European Commissioner ends in the autumn.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, April 13. A few applications have already been submitted for the post being left vacant by Matti Vanhala.
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes