ARTICLE - Recent press reports have speculated that the central bank chief of Japan has decided to step down. However, Yasuo Fukuda said "There is no factual basis for the stories." He added that Hayami "has denied the reports himself, nor have we heard from him that he intends to resign."
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls