Trichet opened the ECB's post-meeting press conference by saying, "The Governing Council of the ECB expresses its deep sympathy and its total solidarity with the British people and the Bank of England in these dreadful circumstances."
He said the experience of the Madrid bombings in March 2004 sugg
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms