"I hereby resign my position as Secretary of Treasury," Mr O'Neill said in the letter to US president George Bush. "It has been a privilege to serve the nation during these challenging times. I thank you for that opportunity."
The Bush administration was already scrambling to fill other top financial posit
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor