"I hereby resign my position as Secretary of Treasury," Mr O'Neill said in the letter to US president George Bush. "It has been a privilege to serve the nation during these challenging times. I thank you for that opportunity."
The Bush administration was already scrambling to fill other top financial posit
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms