The measures also include a move to underwrite banks' toxic assets, which apes Washington's recent lifelines to Citigroup and Bank of America.
The Treasury said on Monday that the Bank will set up an asset purchase programme to buy up to £50 billion-worth ($72.5 billion) of high-quali
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls