Nout Wellink, a member of the ECB's interest rate-setting governing council, said on Thursday that ministers should avoid loosening the agreed spending constraints at a time when the economic downturn is subjecting them to their first real test.
"I think (proposals to relax the stability pact) are a very unfortunate develop
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power