The Reserve Bank of Australia has revised its inflation forecast to the top of its 2%-3% target range following its latest consumer price index (CPI) figures.
The central bank said Monday that it predicts inflation will reach 3% by the end of the year, and could remain at the top of the target band for some time: "Ongoing pressures are currently forecast to keep both underlying and CPI inflation near the top of the target range during 2008."
Strong growth had led to "higher-than-expected unde
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency