Asked if he planned to take over from ECB President Wim Duisenberg this year, Trichet told CNN television: "We have an excellent president. That question does not exist at all."
Mr. Duisenburg said on Monday it was still his intention not to serve the full term, but he had not yet made up his mind when
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector