The IFSB is comprised of central banks of Muslim countries and is mandated to promote Sharia-compliant banking and financial services.
Akhtar's election was announced at the 9th meeting of the IFSB council, held in Saudi Arabia on 29 November. Akhtar will chair the IFSB in 2008. Zeti Akhtar Aziz, governor of Bank of Negara Malaysia, has been
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations