The current 10-year rate is 4.8 per cent, but should be at least 1 percentage point higher, STA news agency reported Arhar as saying.
Arhar, a former central bank governor, also criticised the government's economic development strat
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say