Research by the Kansas City Federal Reserve looks back at some early payments systems and examines their status today and where they may be heading.
The systems covered are check conversion and electronic bill presentment and payment, person-to-person payments and account aggregation.
The paper concludes that while some exist in different formats than originally envisgaed, many early payments offerings have survived and flourished. Check conversion technologies and electronic bill presentmen
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde