Mr Fraser, who headed the RBA between 1989 and 1996, is chairman of superannuation funds bank Members Equity (ME). He said chief executives were being paid "scandalous" salaries while customer service was being downgraded.
He said there was a belief that banks cannot be customer orientated while at the same time remaining profitable.
"This is the sort of one dimensional way of thinking
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase