The one percentage point change, reported by the Office for National Statistics, the government's statistics bureau, on Tuesday was largely a result of the government's 2.5 percentage point cut in Value Added Tax. The slump in petrol and diesel prices, other transport costs and sharper retail discounting also contributed.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations