The central bank said it had decided to lower its key policy rate to 5.25% on signs that the slowdown in the Norwegian economy "appears to be occurring faster and to be more pronounced than previously projected."
"The crisis in financial markets has deepened and will therefore have greater effects on the economy than previously assume
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro