He succeeds Mr Montek Singh Ahluwalia of India.
Mr Bernes is currently Executive Secretary of the joint IMF-World Bank Development Committee, and is Deputy Corporate Secretary of the World Bank. The Development Committee, which is formally known as the Joint Minister
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde