The central bank said the move was based on its mandate to "contribute to the stability of the financial system." The assets of UBS dwarf Swiss GDP.
Jean-Pierre Roth, the chairman of the central bank's governing board, said: "This operation is unprecedented with regard to the reasons for it. In carrying
it out, we are making
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power