French finance minister Nicolas Sarkozy said Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who represented Italy at the talks following the shock resignation of his economy minister Giulio Tremonti, had promised measures to redress the rising deficit.
The decision to reject the European Commission, which wanted Italy to be given an 'early warning', was expected to be formally adopted by fina
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations